Friday, April 20, 2018

It's Finally Here! /// Humble Beginnings, Part 9.1

I'VE DONE IT. Hallelujah, it's finally here!

source

Well, the first part, anyway. See, when I recorded my vlog, it ended up being close to an hour long. So to make it easier for you guys (and because I don't have enough time to edit the whole thing), I'm just giving you the first part today. I hope to post the other two parts over the course of this next week.

What you're seeing is my second take of the vlog. Just yesterday, I finally tried using Windows Movie Maker again to edit the videos, and lo and behold, it worked like a dream. I had tried using it for my first take, but I don't think the importing worked properly. Whatever the case, I now know how to make vlogs! So big shoutout to Andy for reminding me of WMM. Without you, dude, this vlog might not be here today.

I also wanna give a HUGE thanks to my friends, Preston and Megan, for trying their hardest to come up with a solution for making the videos work. You guys are amazing, and I appreciate all of your efforts. I'm dedicating this vlog to you!

Before you watch, there's just two more things I wanna say. First off, I recommend using headphones for listening to the video. Because of all the volume turned out, wearing headphones will just make it easier to understand me. Secondly, I used two tracks in the video, which I linked in the description. I'll do it again here as a precaution. (But don't listen to the second one before you watch. It'll just make it funnier when it shows up.)



Now that all of that stuff is out of the way, here you go. Enjoy!


What did you think of the first part? Any constructive criticism you could offer (especially about the editing) so that the next two parts could be improved? Anything you found particularly funny? Aren't I even funnier on camera? (Don't feel obligated to answer that.)

9 comments:

  1. That was awesome! :D (and hilarious!)
    I tried calling your white tiger already, but all I got was a message saying that he was unavailable... Someone clearly beat me to it. :(
    I think that the music at the beginning could have been a little softer, but I could definitely still hear you. ;)
    One of the parts I liked was the prophecy bit. The soundtrack complemented it really well I think! O_O xD
    Really enjoyed this! Good job. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bruh!! YOU WATCHED IT WITHOUT MEH!! *cries*
      I hadn't seen this comment yet when I was writing mine...

      Okay then. You can watch it *again* with me later :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks, dude! *high-fives* Glad you enjoyed it!

      Eh, he's a very busy guy. He's also on his cell phone all the time, so maybe he ran out of data before you called. Try again next time.

      So in other words, I could either turn the music down or shout? XD I'm glad I was still audible.

      For some reason, audio comedy has struck me as very effective. And it's a lot of fun to use too. :P

      Thanks again! Oh, and you're in trouble for not waiting for Megan. XD

      Delete
  2. JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee yay, at long last, your video has arrived... this is awesome!!! ^_^

    Only moments in, how *very* much your video has amused me by the visual proof that the walls of your room are also crammed with photographs and LEGO posters XD

    I will watch it in full once I get back from work, six hours from now!! Maybe I will be able to convince Preston to wait for me, so we can watch it together!! :D

    But for now, well done, and a huge congratulations for finally uploading your first ever vlog for all of us to enjoy!! :D (Also, Andy - I don't know you, but you sound like a legend!)

    #WWMisnotdead
    #vlogwoesareover
    #acauseforcelebratiooooooooon!!!!!

    :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a long time in coming. XD I'm happy you think so!

      Yeah, that one wall has a lot of pictures on it. :P Does your room have a lot of such things too?

      How will you survive those six hours?! XD Yeah, good luck with that. Your bro is either impatient or very eager. :P

      Thanks! I'm so glad that everything finally worked out in the end. (Yes, he definitely is.)

      Nice hashtags. XD

      Delete
  3. Thanks for mentioning me! Your welcome. Yeah, The music in the beginning was too loud, there is a option on WMM that allows you to adjust the video audio-to-music volume ratio. Glad it worked for you, the quality was really good.

    (I don't think I would hug someone that saved my life... maybe.. it's a good question.) XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness. You are even funnier on camera - I'm laughing so hard that I'm crying. XD As for the editing, I would agree that the music at the beginning could have been a little softer, but everything else was great. The sound was actually quite impressive, so well done with that. That seems to be a struggle for a lot of people.

    First of all, does Marco look sad, or am I imagining that? And why did you have to suggest grabbing a blanket? I didn't realize I was cold until then. :D

    I would totally count the stepladders, just saying. :D So, no, it's not weird. Weird is counting how many stairs are in each staircase you climb. XD And I would also hug someone who I'd only known for one day, especially if they'd saved my life. But then again, that's just me. :D

    Oh my word, the prophecy!! XD Full disclosure: When the music started, I laughed so hard I nearly choked on the mango I was eating. So you've contributed to my increasing total of near-death experiences. :D But the prophecy itself was really awesome. I may have to ask you for help . . . my prophecy will not turn out right.

    I cannot wait to watch the next parts!!! And I wish I'd been around today and seen this sooner, because it was amazing! I found everything particularly funny, in case you're wondering. XD Nice job! (And apologies for how long this comment got. Whoops. :D)

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M CRYING. THIS IS THE BEST. Whoever said the sound quality turned out great is right, and so is whoever said you're even funnier on camera. (Yeah, apparently I'm too lazy to go back and reread five comments.)

    Anyway, I loved it! There are so many lines of commentary I wanted to store in my memory so I could quote them in the future, but then you'd say something else to make me laugh and I...er, forgot most of them. Except the one about not having feet. XD

    Aw, thanks for the shoutout! I remember writing that prophecy with you. That was fun. Didn't know I'm a registered prophecy expert now, but hey, sure. Now that you're offering my services, I guess I should get with the program. XD

    Can't wait for the next vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS. I've been so excited about this!!! (Except you posted it when I was out of town and only just now got a chance to watch it. ACK. Sorry for the late response!)

    This. Was. Hilarious!!! You should consider vlogging as a regular thing. You are SO good at it and have the perfect energy and wit. I was laughing all the way through.

    COUNTING THE STEPLADDERS. I lost it! I'm laughing again just thinking about your commentary on it "1...2...3...4... 20 stepladders!" XDDD

    And ooooh my word, the dramatic music for the prophesy! #DEAD That was pure gold right there. I loved all the music. I do think the music at the beginning could be a little softer, but otherwise the video was absolutely amazing.

    I can't wait to go watch the next part! :D

    ReplyDelete