Monday, January 15, 2018

Music Monday #15

I don't know about you, but I think it's time for some more music!


And what fits the weather better than a wintery song?

"Snowball Park" from Super Mario 3D World
Composed by Nintendo


Up here where I live, the bitter cold has sunk its teeth in again. Things were starting to warm up for a little bit, then we got another cold snap. But while the weather may sometimes be frightful, festive music is always delightful!

Should you happen to have a Wii U, and you haven't played this game yet, I suggest that you go ahead and buy it. It's like the spiritual successor to the Super Mario Galaxy games while paying homage to the Super Mario Bros. series. So it's a pretty perfect combo.

I love snowy levels in Nintendo games, and Snowball Park was no exception. There was falling snow, northern lights . . . I mean, you can even skate around on an ice rink with Goombas! Who doesn't want to do that?

source

Honestly, if we could stand in one giant skate in real life, I think I would enjoy skating a whole lot more.

And what's there not to love about this level's tunes? The music is just so cheerful and carefree! I love the strings and the bells and everything else. Doesn't it make you want to go on a romp outside in the snow like you did when you were a kid? Well, it does that for me, anyway. There's something about its whimsical nature that really appeals to me. Even though there are enemies and dangerous cliffs in the level, the music just puts you at ease and creates a fantastic atmosphere. I love it!

I hope you guys enjoyed the track! What do you think of the length of these posts? Should they be longer, or stay the same? Remember, you have one week left to vote in the first round of the Music Monday 2017 Awards!

4 comments:

  1. Aaahhhh! It's so happy! There's nothing like Mario music to make me smile and feel nostalgic (since I've grown up to Mario. Super Mario World was our first ever video game and I was a baby at the time we got it, so. XD). But ACK. We don't have this game, so I haven't gotten to play it yet and it's killing meeeee! I NEEDS IT.

    But yes, this music absolutely makes me want to go romp out in the cold. I love it!

    Also, I think the length of these posts are perfectly fine! Especially since you put your "main" posts up over the weekend. These are like happy little extras. I like it like that! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Nintendo makes some of the best video game scores ever. I don't see how they wouldn't profit if they started selling them to the general public. I know I personally would pick up a lot of them! Ooh, that's awesome! I've never played that game, to be honest. You need to play it. I love everything about it; it's just an all-around enjoyable game. :D

      Don't forget to put on your snow boots first. XD

      Really? That's good to know. I thought I was skimping on these posts, but if it's a nice length, I'll keep making them like this. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Oh, so cheerful! Just what I needed right now, actually. :D It's too cold to go outside, but that doesn't mean I can avoid leaving the house. Oh well, at least I can laugh at Florida people who don't know what cold really is. XD

    I think the length is perfect! If you want to talk longer, I'm not going to stop you, but I second Christine's opinion - they're special bonus posts. Besides, listening the song lengthens the post too. So, I personally think it's great as is . . . but whatever you decide.

    Thanks for the happy winter music! :D

    Brianna | noendofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I am always willing to offer a little pick-me-up, even if it's just in the form of music. :) Now, what do you consider too cold? XD "Laugh all you want! You won't be laughing tomorrow! Ha ha--oh, wait. You will. Oh, never mind." :P

      Well, knowing that at least two people who think that must mean there are others who do too. Thanks for the feedback!

      No problem. Always happy to supply some fresh melodies. :D

      Delete